Interested students whom are looking to study in Germany via scholarship program are advised to apply to this open opportunity for global students. The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Scholarship for 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship open for students around the world to apply, this scholarship opportunity is basically opened to students who wants to pursue their PhD at the top Universities in Germany.
All candidates who will be granted this scholarship will be offered monthly payments of about 861 Euros for graduate students and 1,200 Euros for Doctoral Students.
Scholarship Program Summary
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, (DAAD) wants to ensure they increase the number of doctoral candidates from all over the world to come study in Germany, which is why the German Institution for higher education is putting everything in place to offer scholarship opportunities for PhD students across the globe, all selected PhD candidates will be offered up to four (4) years of free education and monthly stipends.
Students Scholarship Program Information
The BIGSS-DAAD fully funded scholarship program 2023 is open until January 23, 2023, you can also check different Departments Application Deadline Here. This Scholarship program is available only for the PhD students who are interested in studying in DAAD which is located in Germany.
List of Courses offered by DAAD
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Economic Sciences and Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art and Design
DAAD Scholarship Benefits Coverage
- All student Education will be covered by DAAD
- Each students will be paid a monthly stipends of 861 Euros for graduates and 1,200 Euros for Doctoral Candidates
- There will be travel allowance to places approved by the school
- DAAD will cover health, accident and personal liability insurance for each students
One-off study allowance covered by DAAD
- Each candidates will be offered a free German language Learning Course at Bremen
Important Documents For DAAD Scholarship Application
- A CV personally signed by the candidate must be submitted, see sample HERE
- Candidates should write a letter of motivation, find a way to link it to your current occupation and also link to the postgraduate program you have chosen (it should be atleast 2 pages Max. with current date)
- You need a proof of language skills for German, if the course to be taught will be in German language and for English Language Skills Test, like the IELTS or TOEFL, but you have to note that the institutional TOEFL is not allowed and so not acceptable by the institution
- You will need a letter of recommendation from your employer, with a letter-head, an official stamp and a signature with current date sealed in an envelope respectfully
- You will need to provide copies of Academic Transcripts which should include grading scale and a clear and certified translation if necessary
- You will need copies of your Academic Degrees
- If you are an applicant from China, then you will need to submit an APS Certificate with all necessary application documents, all applications must be submitted in English or German
Why Should You Study in Germany?
Because Germany is the most popular non-English speaking country with one of the best education in the world according to University rankings in Western Europe. The German Government place a high priority in education and provides funds to students so they can carry out their personal projects and research.
When a student graduates, Germany allows such students to stay in the country up to 18 months so they can look for a Job, it has been recorded that about 50% of international students whom came to Germany for studies permanently reside in Germany after their graduation.
Germany happily and is genuinely interested on international students coming into the country and making a good living for themselves.
Application Procedure for DAAD Scholarship
You should keep in mind that a complete and well prepared application is the first impression you give about yourself. So you are advised to go through the application form and steps carefully as you apply.