Applications are opened for the 2023-2024 session into Italy. The Italian Government are offering a fully funded scholarship opportunity to international students who are willing or interested in a fully funded scholarship in Italy.
If you are a Masters or PhD level student and is interested in pursuing your career in Italy, all you need to do is to ensure you follow the criteria, eligibility, process, and most importantly know the deadline of submitting your application, if you are here after the deadline of submission, then it is advised to look out for other scholarship opportunities listed in this page.
Government of Italy Full Scholarships
Italian Government have a goal for offering this scholarship to international students, they offer this scholarship via the Ministry of foreign Affairs and International Co-operation (MAECI) in order to promote the Italian language and it’s culture, also by offering scholarship to international students, it will help improve and support the economy system of the country.
This scholarship program offered by the Italian Government is open to all, both international students, Italian students living abroad, and Italian students living in Italy can proceed to apply to this scholarship opportunity.
The MAECI will offer scholarship to students based on their outstanding academic records, as this scholarship is highly competitive, and the MAECI offers a limited number of scholarships each year.
Italian Government Scholarship Benefits
Here are the benefits offered by the Italian Government to each successful students
- All successful students will be offered a full tuition fees and enrollment fees
- The MAECI will provide Accident, Health and Medical insurance for all students
- All candidates will be receiving a monthly allowance of 900 Euros, which will be credited directly to the students Italian bank account
Students Eligibility of Italian Government Scholarship
All aspiring students must meet to the following criteria to be eligible for the Italian Government Scholarship
- The Masters Level Scholarship grants are offered to all applicants whom have completed their Bachelors Degree program
- Applicants whom are applying to the Italian AFAM Scholarship courses, will have to ensure they meet to the requirements and educational qualification provided or needed by the institution
- All applicants applying for the PhD level program must ensure they meet to the entry requirements and their previous degree qualifications which has been set by the university they are applying into
- Aspiring candidates applying for the Masters level program must be at least 28 year of age
- Aspiring students whom are applying for the PhD level program must be at-least 30 years old at the time of submitting their application
- All candidates that are duly interested in conducting research must be at-least 40 years of age, and it should be noted that the research will take place under the guidance of an academic supervisor of the institution
- All applicants whom wish to apply to courses which will be lectured in English must be able to understand
- English language and must provide an English language proficiency test result
- All applicants whom wish to apply to courses offered in Italian must submit their certificate of proficiency in Italy
The Italy Government Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline to the Italian Government Scholarship is by the 9th June, 2023. All applicants must ensure they submit their application before the given deadline of this scholarship.
The Italy Government Scholarship Application procedures
The Scholarship process is basically done Online via the Italy Scholarship Portal.
Applicants are expected to apply via the portal, and can switch from Italian to English language in the portal for better understanding of filling out the application form.