The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is currently open to students from around the world to apply for either Master’s and PhD Degree.
The Scholarship has been sponsored by the Malaysian Government, with this scholarship offer, you will stand a chance to study at different Universities in Malaysian.
Malaysian International Scholarship
If you are an outstanding students, you have a chance to get into one of Malaysian’s best Universities.
This is part of the Malaysian Government Initiative to bring in talented and outstanding students into the country with the intention to retain them in the country; this is because Malaysia have plans of emerging as one of the world’s leading centers of academic excellence and raising future leaders.
All international students who becomes successful in this scholarship will have a great opportunity of meeting excellent and outstanding colleagues in the university.
Malaysia is good for it’s hospitality and globalization, it is a country located in south eastern part of Asia, it is well known for it’s beaches and rain forests.
What are the Financial Benefits of Scholarship in Malaysia?
This is a fully funded scholarship that will cover most basic expenses. See lists
- The Malaysian Scholarship will cover the cost of tuition fees
- There will be a monthly living expense of about RM1,500 monthly for each student
- All successful student who have gotten the scholarship offer are expected to pay their travel expense to
- Malaysia. It should be noted that Travel expenses will not be covered by the Malaysian Government
- Aspiring applicants should get more information about Malaysian weather, living expenses, etc to check if they can cope in the country
Study Fields Available in MIS
- Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Bio security and Food Safety
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Health, excluding Medicine, Nursing, and Clinical Pharmacy
- Environmental Studies
- Infrastructure and Utility
See the lists of Universities under the Malaysian Government Scholarships Offer
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- International Center for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
See lists of countries eligible for this Scholarship
Not every country is actually eligible to apply to the Malaysian Scholarship, there are selected countries that can go through the application procedures and be selected. If you can’t find your country in the list, you can go through other scholarships listed on Buzzcheep.
- ASEAN Countries
- Commonwealth Countries
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
Documents Required for Scholarship Processing
Every interested students need to provide an important and compulsory documents which is needed to process their application. See lists:
- Aspiring students needs to write an Application Form
- Applicants must submit their Curriculum Vitae
- A minimum of 6 months validity of applicants passport is needed
- Students academic transcript is needed which contains records of all courses taken and CGPA
- Applicants must also submit a documents which will be issued by applicants previous institution describing the grade system used
- An English Language proficiency test result will be needed
- Applicants must submit 2 letter of recommendation written by a lecturer supervisor or immediate superior, but at least 1 of the letters should be from a lecturer or professor
- An Endorsement form is needed
- Research Proposal is needed
Criteria which makes a student Qualified for this Scholarship
To be fully qualified, all interested applicants must meet the following criteria
- Applicants applying for Masters Degree must not be more than 40 years of age, and does applying for PhD must not be more than 45 years of age
- All aspiring applicants for Masters Degree Program must have a minimum B.SC of Second Class Upper Division or a minimum of 3.5 CGPA
- For those applicants applying for Ph.D program, a minimum of 3.5 CGPA or at least a very good result is needed in the similar field
- All aspiring applicants both Masters and PhD level students are expected to provide their proof of English language proficiency like IELTS or TOEFL
The Malaysian Scholarship Application Deadline:
The Deadline expected for each students to apply to is by the 18th May, 2023. If you are after this date, then you need to subscribe to this site to get latest updates or surf through other scholarship opportunities posted on buzzcheep.
How do i Apply to the Malaysian Scholarship?
You don’t need an Application fee to Apply to the Malaysian Scholarships, there is an Online Application System, all you need to do is to complete the Application by providing all the details needed.